Makes 8 pieces
Keeps in the fridge covered for up to 1 week.
· 1.5 cups of traditional oats
· 2xtbsp of Chia
· 2xtbsp of Sunflower Seeds
· 2xtbsp of Pepitas
· 2xtbsp of Shredded Coconut
· 1 cup of raisins/sultanas
· 1/3 cup hulled tahini
· 2xtbsp of maple syrup
· Shake of cinnamon
· Optional: A little dark chocolate to melt on top
1. Brown the oats and sunflower seeds in a fry pan with a little spray olive oil (medium heat 4-5 minutes)
2. Blend the raisins/sultanas with maple syrup and tahini in a food processor or blender. Add a little hot water if too thick. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
3. Add all ingredients together (except chocolate) and mix
4. Press into a medium size container lined with baking paper. Melt chocolate carefully for 20-30 seconds in microwave and then drizzle on top.
5. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Nutrition: Oats are naturally high in fibre which supports you feeling full, feeding healthy bacteria in the gut and digestion. Seeds are also high in fibre but additionally sources of healthy fats for best brain function and productivity at work. Dark chocolate is a source of polyphenols (antioxidants) of which research believes are anti-ageing compounds which protect against oxidation.