Everyone wants to be fit, but staying healthy cannot be done by just speaking. That’s why many people these days opt for different types of diet plans. Today, the keto diet and intermittent fasting are the alternatives for many people to keep their weight balanced or to reduce the extra weight. What is Keto Diet and Intermittent Fasting? What is the difference between the keto diet and intermittent fasting? We will try to understand many other questions and answers related to the keto diet and intermittent fasting.
What is Keto Diet and Intermittent Fasting?
What is Keto Diet?
The Keto diet is also known as a ketogenic diet. These days the trend of keto diet plan to lose weight is increasing very fast. From common people to movie stars, sports players are also following a keto diet plan. In the keto diet, the amount of carbs is low, while the amount of fat is high. Ketosis is a natural process and under this process, the food items that are consumed, then that food item get converted into glucose and insulin. But under the ketosis process or following a keto diet, the intake of carbohydrates is reduced and the body gets energy from fat. This process is called ketosis. In the keto diet plan, the amount of carbs is low, the amount of protein is normal while the amount of fat is high.
What is Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a type of diet schedule that comes under the diet plan. Intermittent fasting (IF) is also called intermittent calorie restriction. Under this diet plan, instead of what to eat, when to eat is considered. Hence the diet plan is scheduled during intermittent fasting. The main difference between the keto diet and intermittent fasting is that what to eat in the keto diet and when to eat in intermittent fasting is ensured. During intermittent fasting, the fat present in the body is converted into energy, which helps in reducing weight. Keep in mind that intermittent fasting is not a diet but a type of eating pattern.
Keto diet and intermittent fasting are followed by people all over the world to lose weight, but many people are also worried that which is better between the keto diet and intermittent fasting to lose weight?
What is the difference between the keto diet and intermittent fasting?
Following are the main differences between the keto diet and intermittent fasting:-
Keto diet: Keto diet is low in carbs, normal in protein, and high in fat.
Intermittent Fasting: Intermittent fasting is not a diet but a type of eating pattern.
Keto Diet and Intermittent Fasting: Which is the Better Option to Lose Weight?
A Keto diet and intermittent fasting are both helpful in reducing weight. But both also depend on the different conditions or physical appearance. It is easy to lose weight with the help of intermittent fasting, but as soon as you stop this diet pattern, your weight starts increasing again and again. Following intermittent fasting for two months gives benefit. But if it is followed for a long time, then physical problems like tiredness or weakness can start. At the same time, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), research is going on to get more benefits of intermittent fasting. A Keto diet can be followed for a longer time than intermittent fasting and you will not feel any problem like weakness during this diet. Therefore, to keep the weight balanced or to reduce the increasing weight, if you want to follow the keto diet and intermittent fasting or any other diet plan, then contact a dietician.
What are the benefits of a keto diet and intermittent fasting?
Before the benefits of a keto diet, how many types of this diet plan are there? There are four different types of a keto diet. Such as standard ketogenic diet, cyclic ketogenic diet, targeted ketogenic diet, and high protein ketogenic diet.
What are the benefits of the keto diet?
Following are the benefits of the keto diet. like:
- Reduce excess body weight.
- By following a keto diet, the blood sugar level remains balanced. That’s why the keto diet is beneficial for diabetic patients.
- The energy level remains better in the body and you can feel yourself active.
- According to some research, the benefits of the keto diet are also available to epilepsy patients.
- The work of balancing the cholesterol level in the body can be done with the keto diet.
- After following the keto diet, there is also the problem of feeling hungry again and again.
- People suffering from metabolic syndrome like high blood pressure problems, high blood sugar problems, cholesterol levels not being balanced, and excessive fat around the waist also get the benefit of the keto diet.
- A Keto diet is also beneficial for those people whose blood pressure is higher than normal.
Diet has to be scheduled during intermittent fasting. Like the 16/8 method, the 5:2 method, or the Warrior Diet. Here the 16/8 method means fasting for 16 hours and can be eaten three to four times in 8 hours. Unsweetened beverages can be consumed during the fast. Whereas the 5:2 method means consuming a healthy diet five days a week and fasting for two days. If someone is following the Warrior Diet Plan, then they have to keep the number of calories in their diet to a minimum.
What are the advantages of intermittent fasting?
- Intermittent fasting reduces the risk of heart problems.
- According to research, apart from reducing weight, intermittent fasting also improves lipid profile, which prevents the formation of bad cholesterol.
- Blood sugar remains balanced in the body.
- In the manufacture of cells, the work of making those cells that are getting destroyed due to some reason can also be done through intermittent fastening.
- In some research, it has been told that intermittent fasting can be beneficial for cancer patients as well. Cancer patients can opt for short-term fasting. Due to this, toxins do not accumulate in the body and it is helpful in chemotherapy. According to cancer experts, the work of repairing the damage caused to DNA during chemotherapy can be done with the help of short-term fasting. However, before following short-term fasting or any other diet plan, definitely consult your health expert.
- Intermittent fasting can also provide relief from the problem of inflammation in the body.
- According to research, intermittent fasting can help you in keeping the brain healthy.
What are the things to keep in mind to reduce body weight?
If you are troubled by extra body weight or want to maintain a healthy weight, then keep the following things in mind. like:
- Do not follow any diet plan on your wish or at the behest of anyone
- Never skip breakfast
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables
- Include whole grains in your diet daily
- Don’t drink sweetened water
- Make a habit of drinking fresh juices and plain water
- Stay away from junk food
- Do not drink alcohol
- Keep body active
- Walk, jog, swim or exercise daily
- Stay away from oily-spicy foods
If you want to know the answer to any question related to the keto diet and intermittent fasting or any other diet plan, then it would be better to understand from experts.