Smoothies are the perfect vehicle for all the nutrients your body needs to thrive. Not only are smoothies great for weight loss but they also deliver a hefty dose of micronutrients that have a incredible array of health benefits.
A lot of people are wondering if a smoothie diet is good for weight loss. Green smoothies can be a fantastic tool to help you lose weight if prepared correctly.
So what is it with green smoothies anyways that have created such a buzz among a myriad of models, celebrities and nutritionists-to-the-stars?
- Forget your body weight — is your body fat percentage ideal?
- Do you often feel tired, even after a good night’s rest?
- Do irresistible sugar cravings regularly kick in during the afternoon?
- What about your hair and complexion? Dull-looking?
- Stuck in an umpteenth diet rut that (as usual) just doesn’t seem to work?
Have you answered ‘yes’ to at least one of the above questions?
1. Get rid of excess body fat and keep chronic diseases away
More studies are now showing how having an excess amount of visceral body fat (the dangerous type that surrounds your organs) can predispose you to several life-threatening conditions.
When properly prepared, green smoothies can make it easier for you to get rid of excess flab. For instance, the nutrients in green smoothies can help your body regulate its blood sugar concentration. As you probably know, the higher your blood sugar levels, the more fat your body stores.
2. Limit your body’s exposure to the toxic Standard American Diet (SAD)
Have you noticed how allergies and food intolerances such as celiac disease are on the rise? Blame it on our diet which is indeed sadly devoid of essential nutrients but loaded with highly processed foods. Putting our bodies in a state of constant inflammation. No wonder it’s so hard to maintain a healthy weight!
By loading up on (natural) nutrients, you’ll be strengthening your immune system and reducing inflammatory processes in your body. And since smoothies are so filling and nutritious, you’ll have less ‘space’ for junk food. This means you’ll easily and unconsciously reduce your intake of processed foods which in turn, will keep sugar cravings at bay.
3. Sip your way to a clear, glowing complexion and healthy hair
What you eat (and don’t eat) has a direct impact on your skin and hair.
The essential nutrients in green smoothies will help lock moisture in your hair and skin cells, making them look hydrated and healthy. These drinks can also help calm puffy and red skin, thus delaying appearance of sagging and wrinkles.
There are loads of smoothie experts and recipes online out there. Be careful these ‘so-called’ experts and many of the online smoothie diet programs can actually cause you to GAIN WEIGHT.
Here’s What you can expect in commercial smoothies and some online recipes that may danger you:
- Reduced metabolism. Many online and commercial smoothie recipes are way too low in calories. This means that your body will now be burning fewer calories — guess where any extra calories will end up? Right: on your hips, thighs, belly, under chin or arms…
- More cravings. Many of their recipes are sugar bombs that will cause your blood sugar levels to spike and come crashing down shortly after. That’s when these irresistible sugar cravings kick in.
- Increased inflammation. Browse around and you’ll see many smoothie recipes calling for dairy or soy products, two known allergens that can worsen inflammation and make it harder for you to lose weight.
- An unnecessary hole in your budget. You don’t need fancy superfoods like green powders, maca powder or goji berries to help you feel and look better. And not enough research has been done to prove the efficacy of these products.
- Increased cardiovascular and diabetes risks. Recipes that call for certain nectars or syrups are actually encouraging you to consume high-fructose corn syrup masquerading as a health food. Consuming too much fructose from these ‘foods’ increases body fat accumulation and triglyceride levels.
Don’t play the Russian roulette with your health!
Try This 21-Day Smoothie Diet Challenge
Their 36+ easy-to-make smoothie recipes have been carefully designed
for rapid weight loss, increased energy & health!Click here to check their program
Health Coach Drew is a certified health coach and nutrition expert. He is committed to bring you the very latest health news, natural medicine updates, and healthy living tips. His articles are well researched and have been written in cooperation with doctors, alternative health professionals and authors with experience in the many different areas of integrative medicine. His goal is to take the confusion out of weight loss and healthy living and make it simple for everyone.
An ISSA Certified Nutrition Coach and a health freak. I love to write about health issues.
Interested in Nutrition, Low Carb, intermittent fasting, weight loss plans, healthy immune system, healthy eating, fitness and much much more.